Serial entrepreneur and investor Pieter Schoen about the thin line between bankruptcy and a dream exit.
February 07, 2022
Pieter is a well known Dutch serial entrepreneur and investor. After founding a publishing business and two IT companies, in 2005 he started NLE together with his business partner Harald Swinkels. NLE opened up the Dutch market for utilities and soon became the largest independent energy supplier in the Netherlands. In 2018, they were acquired by NUTS group, for an undisclosed amount, of around 200 million euros.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Disrupting markets;
- The thin line between bankruptcy and a dream exit;
- Investing in fast growing scale-ups;
- People: Pieter Schoen, Harald Swinkels, Constantijn van Oranje, Vincent Karremans, Podcast Episodes with Charlotte Melkert and Julian Jagtenberg.
- Companies: Dragons’ Den, Shoe Investments, NLE, Career Fever, Heineken, Unilever, Shell, VOCCP, Charlie Temple, Equalture, Somnox, InnovationQuarter, Tech Netherlands Advocates, Mega Netherlands
- Media: Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Other: Upstream Festival