Wouter Goedhart, co-founder of VONQ, on investing in startups and limoncello.
April 26, 2022
In 2006, together with Tycho van Paassen and Remy Verhoeven Wouter built VONQ - which turned out the household name for recruitment marketing - used every day by over 1000 leading companies - including over 25 Global Fortune 500s.
In 2019 Capital D acquired a majority stake of the company, and in 2021 wouter handed over the realm to the new CEO, Arno Schafer. Now he divides his time between family, running marathons, investing in startups and… starting new ventures.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Building, scaling and exiting VONQ
- Finding out what kind of CEO you want to be
- Investing in startups ánd in limoncello.
- People: Wouter Goedhart, Arno Schafer, Tycho van Paassen, Remy Verhoeven, Michiel Muller, Ralph Brasker, Ilonka Jankovic, Quintin Schevernels, Lotte Welten, Paul Citroen
- Companies: VONQ, Capital D, Oneteam, Arches Capital, Selection Lab, Qandidate, Randstad Innovation Fund, Microlab, Jordy’s Bakery, Selection Lab, Springcast
- Media: Loes Luca promo, Article: German Sex Tech innovator Einhorn raises 0,0 led by nobody.
- Other: HackYourCareer
- Books: The hard thing about hard things
- Song: Ugly Kid Joe - Cats in the Cradle