Sana Commerce's Michiel Schipperus on how the lessons from the 2008 crisis still apply today.
November 28, 2022
Michiel is a b2b e-commerce veteran.
He joined ISM e-company - which was founded by Jan Kees de Jager and Karel van der Woude - during his Master at Erasmus University more than 20 years ago.
Later, he became Managing Partner. Since 2011, he has been dedicated to building Sana Commerce. As their CEO, he helps companies worldwide achieve e-commerce success, with a team of more than 400 people all over the world.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Switching from a project business to a product business;
- Creating one culture with team members across multiple timezones;
- How the lessons from the 2008 crisis still apply today.
- People: Michiel Schipperus, Jan Kees de Jager, Karel van der Woude, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Companies: Sana Commerce, ISM eCompany, Valantic, Pimm Solutions
- Media: Article: “The bubble has popped for unprofitable software companies”
- Other: Van Nelle Factory, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics ERP, Rotterdam companies founded since 2000 in the finder, Vacancies at Sana Commerce, Hackyourcareer.com, Black Eyed Peas - Pump It