Nowi founder & CEO Simon van der Jagt on non technical founders solving a technical problem and being acquired
December 20, 2022
Simon van der Jagt
Simon co founded NOWI Energy together with Omar Link, a fellow Strategic Product Design Master student at TU Delft.
In 2016, they set out to design a chip that harvests energy - to replace batteries. They grew the company to forty employees, with sales teams in San Francisco and Shanghai. They raised a series A in november 2019 and in November 2022, the company was acquired by Nexperia.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Non technical founders solving a technical problem
- Finding the right advisors along your journey;
- And ofcourse… the acquisition by Nexperia
- People: Simon van der Jagt, Omar Link, Jan Willem Klerkx, Ad Scheepbouwer, Ronald Prins, Menno van der Marel, Christiaan van Nispen, Merijn Zondag, Elisa van der Jagt - Zondervan, Ellen Elschot?
- Companies: Nowi Energy, Nexperia, YES!Delft, Fox IT, PetBNB, Tiler Charge, NEXT Delft , ASML
- Other: CES, blog: should startups invest in a large scale conference like CES, Vroegefasefinanciering RVO, Upstream Festival, Macklemore - Downtown