Peter Paul, founder and CEO of Skoon Energy, on turning crises into opportunities and dreaming big enough
January 30, 2023
Peter Paul van Voorst tot Voorst
With a background in engineering and business, Peter Paul started his career at the acclaimed shipbuilder Damen Shipyards. In 2017, together with Daan Geldermans he founded Skoon on a mission to make clean energy accessible.
Damen Shipyards became his first investor soon the Netherlands most prominent cleantech investor Kees Koolen followed.
Today, Skoon is scaling up at an impressive rate, growing a whopping 800% in 2022.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- How do you turn crisis into an opportunity?
- What is it like to raise capital in cleantech?
- … are dutch founders dreaming big enough?
- People: Peter Paul van Voorst tot Voorst, Daan Geldermans, Kees Koolen, Sjoerd de Jager, Arash Aazami, André Kuipers
- Companies: Skoon, Damen Shipyards, Workspot, Maritime Sisters, PortXchange, ChatGPT
- Other: Peter Pauls photography album, Coldplay - Higher Power