The Seaweed Company founder and SeaEO Joost Wouters on why we should re-align business and nature
June 26, 2023
Joost is the founder and SeaEO of The Seaweed Company. A global pioneer in developing high-quality seaweed applications, with farms in the Netherlands, Ireland, Morocco, India and Greenland.
After a corporate career at P&G and Pepsico, Joost worked with leadership teams allo over the world to help them create a better future, until he met Edwin Sneekes and Stefan Kraan, his co-founders in 2018. He is a frequently asked speaker and he published two books: “The 15-Minute Inbox” and “The Couple Company”.
We'll cover the following topics:
- Why we should re-align business and nature
- The role of seaweed in the food transition
- What you run into when scaling aqua farming.
- People: Joost Wouters, Edwin Sneekes, Stefan Kraan, Gunter Pauli, Anske Plante, Rogier Wilmink, Lenny van Klink, Rebecca Wiering, Jennifer Breaton
- Companies: The Seaweed Company, Colruyt Group, PepsiCo, P&G, BlueCity, ONS Schiedam, Municipality of Schiedam, Van Oord Ocean Health, Salacia Solutions
- Other: Book “The 15-Minute Inbox”, book “The Couple Company” (no longer available), Sustainable Food Award,
- Media: Your Ancestor - Nynke Laverman