WEAR Co-founder Pim Roggeveen on the business of refurbished sneakers and pivoting from service to product
October 16, 2023
Pim and his co-founder Lorenzo van Galen, are challenging the fast fashion industry. With their company Wear, they are creating the largest platform for pre-loved sneakers. Their collaborations with established players like Bristol and Bijenkorf have gained recognition, including the social impact newcomer of the year and the upcoming talent marketing award from our Mayor, Aboutaleb.
Prior to Wear, Pim made waves as a freelancer, leading communication efforts for organizations like VoorGoed Impact agency, the Dutch Impact Days, and Verre Bergen Foundation.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- The business of refurbished sneakers
- Pivoting from service to product
- Mass adoption of sustainable fashion
- People: Pim Roggeveen, Lorenzo van Galen, Joost Kamermans, Carolien van Wersch, Doesje Fransen
- Companies: Wear, Bristol, Bijenkorf, Voorgoed Impact Agency, Dutch Impact Days, Verre Bergen Foundation, R’damse Nieuwe, CityLab010, Pieter Pot, Jack Bean, Vinted, America Today, Maaskantine, Club Haug, Kralingse Plas, Seenons, Ondernemershuis Op Zuid, Wear Too Good To Go, Chillhop
- Media: Podcast R'damse Nieuwe - Lars Crama, Can’t Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers