Profitable business models in the biobased economy by Lindy Hensen, founder of Tekkoo and PeelPioneers
October 02, 2023
In 2017 she co-founded Peelpioneers, the largest producer of raw materials from citrus peels in Europe - together with Sytze van Stempvoort and Bas van Wieringen, where she now sits at the supervisory board.
Next to that, she is co-founder and director at Tekkoo, an organization that helps startups and established organizations with sustainable innovation. She is also the initiator of Circular Factory, a start-to-scale-up program for circular startups in collaboration with BlueCity.
We'll cover the following topics:
- Profitable business models in the biobased economy;
- The journey of building a 21st century peel collector;
- How to convince investors to build a 10 Million Euro demo plant;
- People: Lindy Hensen, Sytze van Stempvoort, Bas van Wieringen, Silvia ten Houten, Ronald van Raaij, Diederik van Dommelen
- Companies: PeelPioneers, Tekkoo, BlueCity, Jumbo, Renewi, European Circular BioEconomy Fund, Doen Foundation, BOM, Natures Principles, SUNT, De Clique, Circular Factory, InvestNL, Polestar Capital
- Other: Week van de circulaire economie;
- Media: Lindy at Upstream Festival, Rabobank Duurzame Innovatieprijs, Xavier Rudd - Follow the Sun