Graciella van Vliet, CEO and co-founder of Closure, on growing a startup in death-tech.
January 18, 2022
Graciella van Vliet
She co-founded death tech company - yes you heard that right - Closure with Chantal van der Velde in 2017. They won the Philips Innovation Award and made it to top 3 in Sprout’s Dutch startup of the year.
Graciella has a Master in Econometrics from Erasmus University Rotterdam, and she was awarded Rotterdam Business Woman of the year.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Death and tech;
- Funding your growth;
- The things Graciëlla does when she’s not working on Closure.
- People: Graciella van Vliet, Chantal van der Velde, Bart Verhaegh, Daniel Salimian, Janneke Niessen, Neelie Kroes, Elon Musk, Kees Jan Rietveld, Lex Geerdes, Hans Scheffer, Julian Jagtenberg
- Companies: Closure, EUR, DUO, Aon, Rabobank, Somnox, PHIA
- Media: Techleap report "Thinking Bigger: how ambitious is the Dutch entrepreneur?", Cover Blof - Hier with vocals by Closure's CTO Bart Verhaegh
- Other: Delfshaven, Rotterdamse Zakenvrouw van het Jaar, Globaliser Program, Closure Vacancies